December 29, 2012

Progress Report

Seasons Greetings fellow growers.

I am sad to report that my project has failed. I am down to three seedlings. The only seedlings left are the cedars, the ones I recently planted. I was forced to up root the cedars to a different container and take the tray and dome lid outside. There were just too many flies in the tray. They were starting to effect out house. Also a huge mold growth was covering the soil. I still plan on growing the rest of the the cedars and the other seeds I have in my fridge. I hope that you can learn something through my errors. I believe my biggest problem was I did not have enough air getting to the soil and it could not fully dry out and that cause a perfect breading ground for mold and bugs. I only poked a couple holes at the top of the dome, were I should have had a 3/4 in hole or two. Also my soil was not the greatest. Take the time to create the proper soil mixture. I rushed the project.

It is almost time to pull out the seeds I have in the fridge and plant them. What I think I am going to do is get a tray that holds individual containers and put one seed in each container and place them outside, instead of indoors. The whole reason I created this blog was to grow indoors. I will be growing indoors, but I will not be growing trees.

My next post will be in the middle of January 2013. Feel free to leave a comment, I would like to hear from someone. Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment