November 05, 2012

Progress Report

Five Weeks In

I have good news. The trees are still alive and I am still watering about once a week. I've noticed that I am getting a little bit of moss and the odd fly buzzing around. I would imagine it is because of the soil I chose to go with. I tried to solve the problem yesterday by taking the dome off and moving the light right close to the leaves. My goal was to give the plants some air and also try to get the soil to dry out a bit. The soil is not wet but it  also does not dry quickly. Also at this stage they trees are not sucking up much water anyway. When I go to plant my other 5 types of trees in the coming months, I will use a betting draining soil and less organic mix. As you will be able to tell from the photos, the spacing is a little off. Those seeds were the size of sand. Next time I will try harder to place them with proper spacing and in a nice row. Well here are some shots. Thanks for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment