October 28, 2012

Progress Report

Still Alive


Well folks, I am happy to say that the Royal Azalea's are still alive and doing well except for one. I made a fatal mistake and decided to water them with a spray bottle and the spray bottle won. So out of 30 seeds there are currently 24 still growing. I presume 3 did not grow and/or the pack did not have a full 30 in it. My watering technique  consists of watering around the seedling very carefully once a week. With my experience in watering I have learned that watering it does not make it grow faster. I do two things before I water. I first look at the soil, does it look dry, if so then I double check by sticking my finger in the soil and make the call after I have check both. When I do finally water I will only water a small amount to start. I try to learn the soil and how it responds to water in the atmosphere it is in. What I mean is just like a buffet, you can always go back for more. Like I said earlier water does not make it grow faster. If you need something to do to keep you busy (talking to myself) go read a forum or my latest posting.

As far as the other guys, nothing. I believe I said earlier that I messed up. Well we will see. The package said that it can take up to 60 days to germinate with out stratification. So maybe we will get a couple going. From reading online it sounds like most all the people say to cold stratify your seeds. Lesson learned.

I found that this week they did not grow as much as they did last week. I'm not sure of the reasoning. This week I finally got my time lapse trigger from an online store. I am super excited to try it. I think I am going to have to wait until the spring when we really will see some growth sperts. Also I bought a cool new program to edit my photos. You might be able to notice a difference in quality.






No comments:

Post a Comment